Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The DOE Announces new Small Class Size!!

Yes, we can finally get excited, the DOE has announced that they will reduce class size!. I have only been waiting since my 16 year old was in the second grade to for this to finally come to fruition. Then I woke up from my dream state, and found out that yes indeed, Mrs. Pissed Off, the DOE has once again blown smoke up my ample arse. By now I am sure you all know the facts that the Class Size will be reduced by 1/3 of a child.
Which I guess is good for me, because I have 3 children and well 1/3 of my children will get a small class. What, I am wrong, not savy with the math, it is not if you have 3 children, oh I see, it is if we slice the children. No not that either, well then.............
Read here to see what Leonie Haimson has reported and don't forget to check to see when the Town Hall in your borough occurs so you can boo down this proposal. You can boo it down, but it is not like the DOE will listen. You know what they will listen too? Do you, do you? No, well I will tell you. A BIG GIGANTIC RALLY. That is right folks a rally, I have been calling for one since the aborted May 9th Rally. The one that was cancelled because we supposedly got what we wanted. I am not sure I know what it was that we got, but we got it. Oh I know what we got, a swift kick in the head.
The DOE constantly kicks us, puts teachers in the rubber room without being charged, now they have our High School students in a Prison with guards. No not a Prison, but with Police Officers that will arrest them for farting.
The play with the numbers to make sure things look favorable for them. Like did you know, were you aware, because I am now that the ratio from teacher to child in the High Schools are 25:1. Wow isn't that great, the ratio has been reduced. Maybe Pissed Off (teacher) or NYC Educator can tell me how happy they are to find out that they will have 25 students per class. Oh wait it is another smoke and mirror by the DOE. They averaged how many students are in the school and how many teachers are in the facility and came up with that outstanding number, so NY State schools pale in comparison. L O S E R S.
So I say, no I chant. Rally, Rally, Rally, protest outside the Town Hall meetings with big signs before the Chancellor and his minions arrive, have your talking points ready, and hopefully you can get your point across in a millisecond.
I am planning on a tag team of questions with myself and my hubby, and maybe my incoming Senior to his High School. Who by the way abhors his high school, something about it being overcrowded and it is hard to walk down the halls, his friends echo the same sentiment.
Which a quick observation, last year I ran into a girl that middle one went to elementary school with. I asked her what high school she attended and she told me that it was the same one middle one attended. I said have you ever seen middle one? She replied, if we are not in the same classes we never see each other the halls are to crowded. Wow but the ratio is 25:1.

Also make sure you read Norm at EdNotes, he also has an interesting take on this, and he also believes we need a rally.

No comments: