Thursday, July 5, 2007

Once again BloomKlein show they just don't get it

Why is it that a Jolanta Rohloff still be allowed to apply to be a Principal in any school in NYC after a track record of not allowing students to have text books (they might lose them). Is allowed to verbally harass special ed students until they cry. Yes that must have made her feel like a very big woman. Played favorites with staff, and brought a school to being closed. Is it because she is part of your elite Leadership Academy? Can you just chalk her up to a big mistake on your part and just blacklist her.
If it can be done to teachers who are stuck in the rubber room with out due cause, why is a leader allowed to just be moved into another school WITHOUT letting those in C-30 committee be given any background on said person?
Why was Ms. Rohloff given a performance bonus of $15,000 after closing a school?
The C-30 Committee of the East Harlem's Manhattan Center for Science and Math found out about Ms. Rohloff's background they were besides themselves. They said they felt hoodwinked by the DOE. That they were not given any background on the candidates. The story hit the newspapers, but so did other stories about Ms. Rohloff. To which two of the candidates where taken off the ballot, one found another job and another one did not pass the reference check.
So Miss Rohloff is no longer interested in the position. I wonder why? Would it be because the parents and the teachers and the students do not want someone who is unstable running the education system of their school? I know I would not want her in charge of any school I send my child to.
So what do the Powers behind our schools do? They give Ms. Rohloff her very own school at a salary of $130,000 a year.

In her new $130,000 a year job, Rohloff will be developing a new high school that she will run when it opens in 2008 a job specially created for her, said schools spokeswoman Melody Meyer. (these words were taken out of the Daily News article dated 6-4-2007).

It will open in 2008 because they are hoping that everyone forgets who Ms. Rohloff is and maybe some staff will go there, no wait they are waiting for teachers who are from another country who do not know our education system to apply yeah that's it.

As I am typing this I told my husband what I am writing about and he just shook his head. Shook his head that Ms. Rohloff is still allowed to be in charge of a building. Remember we have been around the block once or twice.

Makes me just want to abandon the Public Education system before it is to late for another one of my children.

I said makes me want to not that I am going to. I still have a big mouth and I know how to use it.

No comments: