Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Cellphones again

Yipee, students are now allowed to bring their cellphones to school. They are allowed to bring them TO school, just not into them. Huh, color me confused. What kind of hair brained scheme is this? Where exactly are the children supposed to leave the cellphones? Psst, mister can you hold my cell phone for me, I will be getting out at 4:15 meet me here so I can have it again.
In the last month there was an incident at the Glen Oaks Campus with threats that caused the school to go into Lockdown. Lockdown what is this Rikers? Can we not think of a better term than lockdown? If the Dynamic Duo could only get their heads out of their rear ends or each others oops lets not go there, maybe they would see that their is a need for cell phones, and a cellphone notification system. But we don't need that, what we need instead are surveillance cameras placed inside high schools, yeah that's the ticket. We will install cameras during the Christmas break and then not tell the children that they are going to be spied on whilst walking down the hall. My son told me that his dean told him that there were 86 cameras installed in his bigovercrowded high school during the break. Whatever the f**k for? Was I asked permission for this intrusion. What is next tiny microphones recording the events of the classroom, because I pity the teacher who decides to instruct the children anything else besides what is being taught on the high stake test. Oh that's right we are not supposed to teach to the test.
Transparency my ass.

1 comment:

17 (really 15) more years said...

When I told my kids of the new regulation today, they just looked at me like I had 2 heads. One of them raised her hand and said, "You know Ms. 15, that's pretty stupid." That's pretty much it in a nutshell.

Have a happy and healthy new year!