Thursday, June 14, 2007

Thoughts,

At our last PTA meeting our Principal asked the PTA for some money to fund a program. This has always been the way in our school and I know in other schools in the "Elite" District it has been the same way. We are fortunate that we have a large PTA coffer. As I have been thinking about it, I wonder about other schools that are not as fortunate and are going to need things also.
Our PTA has funded new text books, an essential is a text book for the curriculum. Kind of how the new Science Curriculum is not really a curriculum but a set of text books. Supplies for teachers (another essential), and an art & music program. The arts are very important in a child's creativity.
With the new budget I see how much (not a lot really) money our school is getting and what already needs to be cut from our daily operations in the building, and I wonder if we are going to do without how are other schools going to fair in the same situation.
Once I gave up my voice saying that I fought and nothing was changed and here we are all these years later , I have another child on his way up in this system, I have decided that it can't be a losing battle that their has to be some hope in this system and by golly I am going to try to find it.

No comments: